The second most asked question that I get from my clients (after “are you going to make me throw everything away?”) is “what do I need to buy?”
I actually discourage going out and buying organizing products that promise to keep you clutter-free before you have done a really good purge & sort. But there are a few of my favorite home organization products that I always recommend for anyone – I use these myself in my home, and always keep my eye out for sale items for my clients.
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase after clicking through the link. Please understand that I only recommend products that I have experienced myself, and I recommend them because they are helpful and useful.
I don’t have a specific brand that I use, and have bought these everywhere from Amazon to the Dollar Store.
- They don’t slip.
- They don’t leave marks on your clothes (please don’t use wire hangers!)
- They are thin and take up less real estate in your closet.
- They have clips that you can attach to the hangers.
I love these bins! In fact, I wrote an entire blog post about them. (I am not sure if I should be bragging about that, but it’s the little things that get me excited!) I like sticking to the same brand because not only do I know they are good quality, but they fit together and are easily found if you need to get more.
- They are sturdy. (Just don’t put them in the dishwasher –oops.)
- Good variety of sizes for cabinets, refrigerator, shelves, closet, etc.
- Easy to clean.
- Sold everywhere and are available online.
Filing System & Labels
I discovered Freedom Filer years ago and use it for my personal files and now for my business files.
- No need to set up new folders every year.
- Have all documents and receipts ready for taxes.
- Keeps all your current policies and up-to-date personal documents handy.
- Eliminates tedious hours of filing – takes just a few minutes.
- Preprinted, included blank labels.
I first discovered packing cubes from eBags, and tried a few varieties. I found that AmazonBasics Packing Cubes were the exact same quality, and were cheaper. I also like the ones from IKEA, although not as sturdy, and you can only buy them in a set.
- Lift out of suitcase and place directly in hotel drawer or shelves (for those of you who have watched the specials about hotel room germs.)
- Separate wet or dirty items.
- Use for shoes to keep from touching clothes.
- Magically double suitcase capacity.
- Label to keep different family members clothes separated.
- Pack by outfit type or days.
Would you like get your life organized?